The poetry of Beto Ochoa, Prose from a spiritual warrior

Aware

The Poetry Of Beto Ochoa~ Prose from a spiritual warrior

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Old Man's Drawer


An old matchbook and a napkin ring from a place we went to dine
Some socks with holes and some thin t-shirts that he swore were still just fine
Some old wrist watches unrepaired and a ring that didn't fit
Are what remains of a life well lived that the others didn't get

You may have passed him on his way and said good day and all
And never known how your lives were blessed by this gentle loving soul
Now I sit alone with his memory as the others have gone home
And the mourning swells in my heart and eyes as it settles in "He's gone"

It's for myself alone I mourn for I am left behind
But hoped I'd find him in the end adorned in glorious kind
Then hand in hand we'd wend the way to where there's much to learn
And from whose gate and starry path this traveler won't return

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My families came to Texas when It still belonged to Spain.

Followers

stats

View My Stats